Self-Awareness Saturday | Developing Awareness (Part 8) | Take Time to Meditate

Saturday, January 14, 2017



Self-Awareness Saturday | Developing Awareness (Part 8) | Take Time to Meditate
 
Last week I went over the seventh step, be aware of your habits, so this week I'm going go over the eighth step: take time to meditate. 
 
If you missed last week, click HERE to catch up and read it!
 

Alright, so I’m probably going to get a few eye rolls for this one (lol) but just bear with me.

So I’m sure you all already know that meditation is the practice of improving your moment-by-moment awareness.

Meditation typically beings by appreciating the simplicity of inhaling and exhaling and your ability to focus on it.

This doesn’t have to be like some overdramatic ceremony that some people may see it as. It’s basically about the clarity you gain from regular moments of pause and reflection.

You can do this throughout the day too; it doesn’t have to be an all at once 30 minute session.

For example, while you’re lying in bed before you fall asleep, take a moment to focus on your breathing. There are some app you can download too if you need some extra help.

During these moments of meditations it’s important to have a real conversation with yourself.

Ask yourself some questions such as, “What do I want to achieve,” “What am I doing to get me closer to achieving it,” “What is holding me back,” “What can I do to change,” etc.

Life gets so busy that it’s super easy to lose focus on what we really want. It’s so easy to get distracted and fall of track that’s why I think it’s so important to carve out these little sessions in your day where you can gather your thoughts and take time to focus on yourself.

 

*Stay tuned for my next "Self-Awareness Saturday" at 7:30pm EST over at Facebook.com/RachelFaulFitness for part 9

share this on »
{Facebook}
{Twitter}
{Pinterest}
Add a comment »

Leave a Reply