Pre-Workout & Post-Workout Snack Ideas!

Wednesday, March 16, 2016



Pre-Workout & Post-Workout Snack Ideas!
 
 
Let's Talk Snacks!
 
Just to throw this out there since I get asked all the time, this is what I do.
A) I wake up, eat breakfast then wait an hour, eat half a banana, drink my pre-workout Energize, workout, then grab a handful of almonds.
OR if I am short on time...
B) I wake up, eat a banana, drink my pre-workout Energize, workout, then eat breakfast.
 
My breakfast is almost always my Shakeology. My favorite recipe for it is Greenberry Shakeology with half a banana, 1 cup of frozen raspberries, and 12 oz. of water blended well! YUM!
 
 

Pre-Workout Snack Ideas:
  • dried/fresh fruit
  • oatmeal
  • granola
  • quinoa
  • rice cakes
  • whole grain cereal
  • banana with almond butter
  • hummus toast
  • trail mix
 
Post-Workout Snack Ideas:
  • boiled eggs
  • protein bar
  • cottage cheese with berries
  • hummus with carrots
  • nuts
  • whole grain crackers with cheese
  • greek yogurt with berries

Quick Rule of Thumb:
Pre-workout = carbs
Post-workout = protein

 
 

Ingesting carbs before a workout and protein afterward provides the basic materials that your body needs for adapting to the demands of your chosen activity. 

Pre-workout carbohydrates help ensure that your body has what it needs for rising to the challenge, and making the most of your workout. 
 
Post-workout protein provides raw materials that drive recovery processes in between each workout session, and helps you realize the fruits of your labor.

share this on »
{Facebook}
{Twitter}
{Pinterest}
Add a comment »

Leave a Reply