Story Time Sunday | I used to eat cookies for breakfast!

Sunday, October 30, 2016

 
Story Time Sunday | I used to eat cookies for breakfast!
 

For my first Story Time I am going to talk about one of my favorite things - cookies!

 
Yes, I am a fitness and nutrition coach but that doesn't mean I was always this way.
 
 
I want to say from around the age of 7 to the age of 18 I ate cookies for breakfast almost every day.
 
Not just any cookies, they were the blue package of Chips Ahoy. If you've been following me for awhile you probably already know the deep love I have for these cookies.
 
I remember sitting down at the dinner table with my dad when I was really little and he taught me how to "dunk cookies." Instead of just eating the cookie by itself, why not make it even better and dip it in some milk right?
 
I hadn't even known this was a thing but my dad showed me how to do it.
 
There's two ways to do it, either you simply dip the cookie in milk or you can "pancake it."
 
You know how when you make pancakes you look for the bubbles to know when to flip it? Well, this is kind of the same thing. You take a cookie and carefully place it flat into the milk. You have to make it even or it will sink so it has to be balanced. Once you have your cookie placed flat, you let it sit for a few seconds until you start seeing little bits of milk show through the cookie. This is how you know when its ready to take it out.
 
If you've never done this before, you have not lived. It's the best!
 
So there I was about 7 years old learning this and I totally fell in love. I didn't just have a few cookies for breakfast either, I had one whole sleeve which is half the package.
 
Yes, I know, that's terrible but it's how I did it and continued to do it up until my senior year of high school.
 
Fast forward to when I became an aunt thanks to my perfect little nephew, Landen. I passed on what I learned to him (as shown in the photo) because anytime he was over, he would stare at me the whole time I had cookies and he was just too cute not to share.
 
Looking back I have no idea how I stayed so skinny! 
 
 
Yes, of course I still love them but I only have them occasionally now, not everyday. Thankfully now I can say that my breakfast is eggs and spinach! Big difference haha!
 

 
What was your favorite food as a child?
 
 

*Stay tuned for next weeks Story Time Sunday at 7:30 pm EST over at Facebook.com/RachelFaulFitness

share this on »
{Facebook}
{Twitter}
{Pinterest}
Add a comment »

Leave a Reply