Story Time Sunday | "My first job!"

Monday, December 19, 2016



Story Time Sunday | "My first job!"
 
 
For this weeks Story Time Sunday I am going to talk about a first we (mostly) all have - a first job!
 
 
Now if you've ever heard me say, "dentistry is all I've ever known" - I'm not lying.
 
My first job was in a dental office. This ^ is literally the exact photo I took on my first day of work :)
 
I can remember every time I went to the dentist for my 6 month check up I would talk to my doctor about hiring me someday. I started bringing it up when I was a teenager, I'm guessing around 15.
 
I've had the same dentist for the vast majority of my life and teeth are just something I've always been interested in.
 
I knew I wanted to do something health related from an early age because I love helping people. I debated nursing. I strongly debated nutrition. After all, I decided on dentistry.
 
I was pretty sure that I wanted to be a Dental Hygienist but as with any job you can never be sure until you actually do it. I didn't want to go ahead and spend all that time and money on a career I wasn't going to like.
 
I remember seeing my dentist a few months before my 18th birthday and he told me I had to be 18 to work there.
 
Well, on my 18th birthday I started my first day on the job.
 
I was hired as a dental office assistant which is something I didn't have to go to school to do but was something I knew would give me enough insight into dentistry to help me make sure going to school for hygiene was what I really wanted to do.
 
I did a lot of different things around the office. I helped up at the front desk pulling and filing charts. I seated patients, prepared and tore down treatment rooms, and helped them schedule their next appointment. I developed and mounted the x-rays for the two hygienists at the office. I assisted the doctor with fillings and extractions and did the sterilization and preparation of the instruments for the whole office staff.
 
I was a senior in high school so I would go to school in the morning for 3 classes and then I would leave and work for the rest of the day.
 
I loved working at the office and it helped me finalize my decision to go to college for dental hygiene. :)
 
 
I want to know: What was your first job?
 
*Stay tuned for next weeks Story Time Sunday at 7:30 pm EST over at Facebook.com/RachelFaulFitness

share this on »
{Facebook}
{Twitter}
{Pinterest}
Add a comment »

Leave a Reply