Motivational Mindset Monday | Goal Setting for the New Year

Monday, January 2, 2017



Motivational Mindset Monday | Goal Setting for the New Year


First of all I just want to say Happy New Years to all of my readers! I hope you all had a fun but safe time. We had to take a nap earlier in the day so that we would be able to stay up to watch the ball drop. LOL - I know!


Regardless of how cliché it sounds to some, I think making New Year’s resolutions is super important. I love Mondays because it’s the start of a new week, so I especially love goal setting for the year.

Before you start, it’s important to take a moment to reflect on all the things you have just accomplished in the year prior. Seriously, sit down and take a moment. Whether it’s a big milestone or just a stepping stone, you will probably be pretty surprised.

Your brain will work better this way. Why? Because when your brain is able to observe points leading up to your goal, it will accelerate towards the goal even more.

Let me paint a little picture for you. Think of marathon runners (definitely not me lol). Got an image in mind? Okay, now I want you to think about what they do when they get close to the finish line. Do they keep the same pace or do they sprint like they haven’t already been running for the past 26 miles? They sprint! Why does this happen? Well, our brains release chemicals called success accelerants! These helpful little guys give us MORE energy as we PERCEIVE being closer to crossing that finish line.

Make sense?

So once you reflect on all the things you accomplished last year, start making your resolution list for this year on the SAME sheet of paper so that you don’t lose the advantage of those success accelerants.
 
.
 
.
💕My challenge for you is to get your resolution list done by Friday!💕
.
.
*Stay tuned for next weeks "Motivational Mindset Monday" here and over at Facebook.com/RachelFaulFitness at 7:30pm EST
 
 

share this on »
{Facebook}
{Twitter}
{Pinterest}
Add a comment »

Leave a Reply