Story Time Sunday | "My DIY wedding fund!"

Sunday, January 15, 2017

 
Story Time Sunday | "My DIY wedding fund!"


For this weeks Story Time Sunday I am going to talk about a DIY idea I saw on Pinterest!

So like every other girl, I love Pinterest.

I was on Pinterest one day a few years ago and I saw this idea where you start writing down events as they happen throughout the year and put it in a jar. You're supposed to start on New Years Day and open them all on New Years Eve as a fun little reflection on the year.

I loved this idea but I wanted to tweak it a little bit.

My idea was to get a photo album book and not only write the memories in it but also add money to it, too.

Now we weren't necessarily planning our wedding at the time, nor are we now but I know that they're super expensive so I was like well what the heck, why not start saving now so that it's not so expensive when the time comes!

So Devin got me a photo album book as one of my presents on Valentine' Day and I started it in May 2014.

Every time we go out and do something fun, or order in, or do something with family, etc. I write it down on a little note and add it in the book.

I also keep the receipts from everything and if there's like a ticket, scorecard, token, invite, etc. from the event I add that in there too.

In the photo slots I add a $5 bill from every paycheck I get. That way we not only have a ton of memories to look back on but we also are saving money in the process.

This photo was taken about a year and a half ago so it's definitely a lot fuller now but it's cool to go back and see what you were doing a year or two or three ago today. ;)



I want to know: What kind of things have you DIY'ed from Pinterest?



*Stay tuned for next weeks Story Time Sunday at 7:30 pm EST over at Facebook.com/RachelFaulFitness

share this on »
{Facebook}
{Twitter}
{Pinterest}
Add a comment »

Leave a Reply