Story Time Sunday | Why I'm terrified of fire!

Monday, November 7, 2016

 
Story Time Sunday | Why I'm terrified of fire!
 
 
For this weeks Story Time Sunday I am going to talk about one of my biggest fears - fire!

So you might be thinking why is this a picture of Devin and I then? If you look behind us you can see a tiny bit of a firework. I remember use laying there (I believe this was taken in 2009) for like 20 minutes trying to get a good shot of us with the fireworks in the background and this is probably the best one we got haha!
 
Anyways, I chose this photo because it's the exact place and same event that started my fear of fire.
 
 
I want to say this happened probably 7 years ago, if not more.
 
 
It was the Fourth Of July and like every year prior, my family put on a huge fireworks display and threw a big party at our house. We lit the fireworks off in the big field behind where I grew up and this is right where we are laying in this photo.
 
It happened a few hours before we set the fireworks off so it was still light outside. There we tons of people over in the field, me being on of them, and they were shooting off bottle rockets. Nothing big and crazy just the little tiny guys.
 
I remember standing there and hearing people yell, "It's on fire!" and I, not knowing what the heck was going on, just starting running the opposite direction. As I was running I could hear people running behind me. At this point I didn't think much of it, I thought they were just running too. Then I realized someone was saying, "It's in your hair!" Again, I didn't know who they were talking about but I stopped to turn around. When I did people were patting their hands at the back of my head.
 
That's when I realized that it was MY hair that had caught on fire.
 
Apparently one of the bottle rocks went straight to the back of my head, my hair was down, and that was that. It was a terrible burn or anything dramatic but to learn that your hair is on fire is just a tad bit scary to hear.
 
I don't know what it is but since that day I have been terrified of fire. I can still sit around a bonfire but to go to a Hibachi grill where they cook with those big flames right in front of you, yeah... count me out.
 
To this day I have NEVER lit a lighter of any kind and I have NEVER lit a match.
 
 
I want to know: Has anything like this ever happened to you when you were younger and to do this you still haven't been able to get over it?
 
 
*Stay tuned for next weeks Story Time Sunday at 7:30 pm EST over at Facebook.com/RachelFaulFitness

share this on »
{Facebook}
{Twitter}
{Pinterest}
Add a comment »

Leave a Reply