Story Time Sunday | Winter is my least favorite season!

Sunday, November 13, 2016

 
Story Time Sunday | Winter is my least favorite season!
 
For this weeks Story Time Sunday I am going to fill you in on why winter is my least favorite season!
 
While there are still many things I love about the winter season, it is no secret that it still falls at the bottom of my list. I had to really dig to find a photo of me in the snow so if you were wondering, I was probably 12 in this photo.
 
It started when I was just a wee little baby. From what my parents say, the first time they took me out in the snow I screamed bloody murder until they brought me back inside.
 
It was not love at first sight to say the least.
 
Don't get me wrong, I love being outside but I love being outside when it's warm out there. I am a summer baby and for me, that was love at first sight.
 
 
Here is what I DO love about the winter season:
Christmas - Of course, that one is a no brainer, what else would be first on the list? I could watch Christmas DIY's on YouTube for days, no problem. I love decorating, I love seeing all the lights and displays, I love the holiday cheer, and I love getting the family all together.
 
Unfortunately for me, that is where my list ends.
 
 
Here is what I DON'T love about the winter season:
Snow - Absolutely number one on my list. I hate being cold, I hate when my feet are cold, I hate when my hands are cold, I hate when my nose is cold - you get the point. For all you winter lovers out there, yes, I agree that it is pretty to look at...from afar. I don't like walking in it and I especially do not like driving in it. If it's more than a few mile drive, count me out. You know when you're on the highway and there's that one person driving -3.5 mph? Yeah, that's probably me.
Winter clothes - Okay yeah sometimes there are some cute winter clothes, I will say that. But I don't want to have to spend 20 minutes putting on layers just to go outside and worry about scarves, boots, mittens, etc. I don't like feeling trapped and being covered in all that just doesn't feel awesome to me.
The toilet seat is always cold - I don't know about you but I do some of my best thinking in the bathroom. I can't think straight when my butt is cold.
Getting sick - No one likes a runny nose, a cough, or the flu. None of that sounds like a good time to me.
It's dark - I like to wake up to the sunshine before I go to work and I like to come home to it too. I like day time. I'm the first one to bed and the first one to wake up. When it gets dark out so early I have a hard time making it to my normal 9 pm bed time. #grannyprobs
It's dry - The air is so dry, your lips are cracked, your hands are cracked - I don't like it. I am slightly obsessed with Chap Stick I will admit but I don't like having to go through one stick a week.  
I have to pee more - Now to start off, I already have OAB which means I pee a lot more than most people to begin with...even on the medication. Cold weather just makes it so much worse. I don't know what it is about it but my bladder doesn't like it either. On top of that, because the roads are crappy in the winter it takes you longer to get places. Being in the car already makes me have to pee, so being in there even long doesn't help the situation.
 
To be honest I could complain about this subject even more but I will stop there as I think you get the point.
 
Some of you might be asking why the heck I live in Pennsylvania then? Well, the simple fact of the matter is this - my family is here. If I could pick up my whole life and move it to California with me I would in a heart beat but at the end of the day, being close to my family will always be worth putting up with winter each year.
 
 
I want to know: Are you a winter lover or a winter hater?
 
 
*Stay tuned for next weeks Story Time Sunday at 7:30 pm EST over at Facebook.com/RachelFaulFitness

share this on »
{Facebook}
{Twitter}
{Pinterest}
Add a comment »

Leave a Reply