Be The Change You Want To See In The World!

Sunday, September 27, 2015


I didn't start my coaching business with a great amount of SKILL or KNOWLEDGE for that matter.

I literally had NO CLUE what I was doing when I signed up. I had never read a business book. I have no background in marketing or business. I’m not a personal trainer or a nutritional expert either.

What I did have, however, was a huge willingness to LEARN alongside some pretty big goals. I saw an opportunity to turn my life experiences into learning opportunities for others. In return, it helped me make sense of all the trials & failures.

My favorite quote has always been, “Be the change you want to see in the world.” I knew my life could was meant to have a PURPOSE & I know that I could INSPIRE others by sharing what I've learned.


Right now, over 1/3 of the U.S. population is obese. The estimated annual medical cost of obesity in the U.S. was $147 billion in 2008. I can’t even imagine what those numbers look like now.

Some PREVENTABLE obesity-related conditions include:
•Depression
•Disability
•Sexual problems
•Shame and guilt
•Social isolation
•Lower work achievement
•High triglycerides & low high-density lipoprotein (HDL) cholesterol
•Type 2 diabetes
•High blood pressure
•Metabolic syndrome
•Heart disease
•Stroke
•Cancer, including cancer of the uterus, cervix, endometrium, ovaries, breast, colon, rectum, esophagus, liver, gallbladder, pancreas, kidney & prostate
•Breathing disorders, including sleep apnea
•Gallbladder disease
•Gynecological problems, such as infertility and irregular periods
•Erectile dysfunction & sexual health issues
•Nonalcoholic fatty liver disease
•Osteoarthritis
+ MORE!


It’s not just about obesity though. Regardless of shape, size, whatever – the way nutrition & exercise is viewed in this country needs to be reevaluated. Healthy food is boring? Healthy food tastes bad? No one has time to exercise?

The sad truth is that we don’t even really know what “real food” tastes like because we are so used to the artificial version.

Maybe it’s just me, but for as long as I can remember my doctor has always stressed how important it is to get 30 minutes of exercise daily & to eat real food. THAT is what I am trying to enforce & help people do. It IS possible, it IS achievable & you CAN make time for it.

I am so SO grateful for this crazy journey I'm on, I have learned so much in the process & I continue to learn something new every day. I love interacting with new people, I love helping people & I love knowing that my life has MEANING & PURPOSE.
Fill out my online form.
Use Wufoo templates to make your own HTML forms.

share this on »
{Facebook}
{Twitter}
{Pinterest}
Add a comment »

Leave a Reply